TEACHING PHILOSOPHY STATEMENT
“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand”
- Confucius (551 BC – 479 BC)
Conceptualization of Learning
Each individual has different way of expressing thoughts, desires and abilities. The curiosity in oneself leads to the desire to understand thus creating thoughts. From then, the students will optimize their abilities in order to achieve something that they desired most. I strongly believe that all students possess critical thinking abilities. An effective teaching by teachers will enhance learning alongside with the students’ thinking abilities to accept or reject ideas which in this case, associated with their cognitive skill.
Seeing is believing. Nevertheless, listening and seeing alone are not the only way of learning. Students should experience hands on learning such as experiments and demonstrations as they will observe and scrutinise what they have done. Nowadays, students are more likely to except what they have learn when they experienced how to solve problems themselves. By means, the students will undergo difficulties and obstacles along the way. I feel that the best way to learn is by one’s own experiences as when one is going through the difficulties and obstacles, creative and critical thinking will come together. Consequently, give rise to learning.
Conceptualization of Teaching
Learning goals that are desired by the students should be helped by the teachers. I believe that teachers give the most important roles on achieving them. First and foremost, teachers must set clear objectives in what they do – in or outside of the class. Teachers should serve in a number of purposes. Teachers should act as a guide for the students by supervising them to the aim of solving their problems by the use of essential and relevant information provided by teachers. It is no longer the teachers who are pouring in the knowledge on how to solve problem but more to the students that come into contact with it. What the teachers must do is to guide them. Therefore students will have more understandings due to what they have done not just by listening and watching.
In order for the students to have more understandings, I construct a variety of teaching methods. These include the usage of internet resources, multimedia, group discussions and life related problem solving. I also create an environment which allow students to communicate and interact with one another in order to get to know each other. Eventually, students felt confident in learning while I acknowledged their opinions and ideas.
Goals for students
I have several goals for my students. First of all, I want them to really enjoy learning rather than for them to be weary. Secondly, I want them to explore and take advantage of their creative and critical thinking skill so that they may employ them to handle everyday life situation. Last but not least, I want them to know how important it is to learn the subject that I taught as it is internationally converse in.
Personal Growth
All teachers need to have at least a teaching philosophy. Nevertheless, not every teacher may employ all their teaching philosophies at one time. I encourage my students to give their opinion on my classes and my teaching abilities. From that, I learnt much on it. I also welcome feedback from anyone. Furthermore, having day to day improvement by creating new ideas and developing new teaching abilities I now witness the improvement on my students’ grades.
Philosophy of teaching is crucial for every teacher. It helps by guiding our actions as well as ideas in terms of educating young learners. As for me, it really helps to remind me of what I should do to improve my teaching abilities and what I think pertaining to education. On top of all, to notice of how my teachings change the bored faces to sparkle as they leave my classes.



0 comments:
Post a Comment